Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Full


Sometimes abundance appears before me - effortlessly - ripe on the vine, bursting with color and flavor, kissed by the sun, surrounded by fragrant blooms. Even before I pluck it and bring it to my lips I can taste its sweetness, feel its juice dripping down my chin.

Those moments pass too quickly.

In the between when the world goes from fertile to fallow, veiled in gray, I must, I must, taste the sweetness again. But how, when my eyelids are heavy, my energy stores empty? Like a desert wanderer, I squint and see - whether by imagination or inspiration or a heady mirage - the water and the juicy morsels. It is enough to get me up and at 'em, to light candles, to pour a drink, to mince, to chop, to stir, to cook up nourishment for the tired traveler.

Tonight there was pasta, simply prepared with garlic, nuts and herbs, adorned with a small pile of curly parmesan and a sprinkling of crushed peppers. It looked ordinary steaming in its bowl, but I swirled it around the spoon and took bite after bite. The oil pooled on my lips and as I slowly licked it away I tasted a different kind of abundance with its own brand of sweetness - the kind I can create.

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl. You can create magic. Here in these words, yes. But also there in your life. I feel it. Sometimes those hard fought moments of bounty are all we need to remember the power we hold inside us to sustain and grow life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too. For more information visit k2 spice

    ReplyDelete
  3. • Healthy adults need to limit their sodium intake to no more than 2,300 mg per day

    (about 1 teaspoon of salt)

    • Some people, including children and those with high blood pressure, need to keep their

    sodium intake even lower (no more than 1,500 mg per day). Ask your doctor how much

    sodium is okay for you.
    http://booksg.com/index.php/acca-books/115-low-salt-cook-book-know-your-sodium-limit

    ReplyDelete