Sunday, July 13, 2014

I Want You


I want you
not the way
young lovers want
all appetite and impulse
longing and angst

I want you
the way
waves want sand
to wash over
to rub against
then recede

I want you
not the way
a babe wants mother
needing nourishment
craving security

I want you
the way
sky wants clouds
seeking contrast
white and grey suspended
in soft blue

I want you
not the way
I used to want you
in raw desire
but in assured strength

I want you
the way
earth wants rain
enjoying tickle and splash
then letting
sun evaporate

I want you
not because I am
not complete
without you
half of a whole

I want you
because I don't
have to have you
because I can
still want you
and want me too

11 comments:

  1. oh Angela. yes, this! I was just describing this in my journal today. to see it here, written out more beautifully and more fully than I was able to describe - such a soul sigh. i wish for you many more 'want to' 's .... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must know that you have been much on my mind today. I read through something you'd written to me in the not so distant past about falling in love, and I can't help but think it helped me form these words.

      Delete
  2. This is exquisite Ang...thank you for allowing this one out for us to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sincere pleasure, my friend.

      Delete
  3. Just yesterday I was hoping you were writing another treasure - and here you are! I love your glowing heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate your visits here, Susan. I'm grateful for your support.

      Delete
  4. All those crazy nights when I cried myself to sleep
    Now melodrama never makes me weep anymore

    'Cause I haven't got time for the pain
    I haven't got room for the pain
    I haven't the need for the pain
    Not since I've known you

    You showed me how, how to leave myself behind
    How to turn down the noise in my mind
    Now I haven't got time for the pain
    I haven't got room for the pain
    I haven't the need for the pain
    Not since I've known you

    Suffering was the only thing that made me feel I was alive
    Though that's just how much it cost to survive in this world
    'Til you showed me how, how to fill my heart with love
    How to open up and drink in all that white love
    Pouring down from the heaven

    I haven't got time for the pain
    I haven't got room for the pain
    I haven't the need for the pain
    Not since I've known you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is perfect. Somehow you always seem to find the perfect soundtrack to what I write. Love you!

      Delete