Saturday, September 14, 2013

Baring


"Everything about her seems to be saying, listen, if you don't look attentively, if you don't go beyond my simplicity to detect the simmering volcano in me, you are not it."
--Rawi Hage, Carnival


I am and am not...

Baring
brightly.
Muffled sounds
darkened rooms
whispers under breath
have no place for me now.

Staring
beyond closed
closet doors.
No longer boxed in.
Living, growing, expanding
in the open space.

Daring
to discard coverings
expose my chest
stamp my feet
put lips to horn
announce I'm here. 

Tearing
through wild terrain
moving, running, roving.
I am what I am. 
Messy, complicated
simplistic, ordered

Free. Again.



10 comments:

  1. though, you are...

    learning
    nurturing
    wondering
    searching
    accepting
    and...rising

    definitely rising

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the perfect P.S. to this post. Thank you! xo

      Delete
  2. I'm thrilled to read your soul. Thank you. So happy you're sharing yourself in this way. Such a gift. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an honor to have you here, dear Belinda. <3

      Delete
  3. I knew this day would come, the tide would rush out, the deluge end... the new growth begin... radiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These words mean so much to me, dear one. As do you...

      Delete
  4. there is so.much. beauty in your freedom. gah. that beauty takes up the whole sky {like your silhouette in that picture...woah. stunning}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You take my breath away. All that's left to say is thank you. In every way.

      Delete